Zuraffo's repository

I finally got fed up with free web hosting and decided to use a blog to archive my articles, so... Here I bring you, Zuraffo's repository. The contents on this page is copyright to me. If you want anything, I can be reached at zuraffo@yahoo.com. Note: Best view with Mozilla Firefox. if you are using IE, please use the links on the side bar to navigate.

My Photo
Name:

Where memories became the only traces in life... 红颜易老,赤子其爰,故名“颜子”。

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Dozy Embrace

Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to the wonderful Annie Proulx.
Rating: PG
Feedback: Yes, thank you very much.

Summary: A short snippet inspired by the dozy embrace scene in Brokeback Mountain


Ennis sees Jack standing over the crackling fire. Jack has his hands in his pockets, and his head downcast. Soft hair on his neck dances playfully in chilly mountain wind.

Fragile smoke slants from the fire, and rolls across damp earth before merging into the air. Ennis feels his heart fills with a quaint tenderness. He walks up to Jack and wraps his arms around him. A smoky taste, a familiar warmth, fills Ennis with a peace that cannot be named.

“C’mon now, yer sleepin’ on yer feet like a horse.”

Ancient emotions dredges up from the deepest memories remember a tune, faded, but not forgotten.

“My mama useta say that to me when I was little…”

A rhythm finds its way to safety, through maze of fear and pain.

“and sing to me…”

Ennis frowns, calling up the voice from a past erased; a secret safe haven of his bottomless childhood. He hums now, with tenderness that had been used to shelter him, to the first person in the world that has earned it. Ennis callous thumb caresses the soft wool of Jack’s collar, an enormous love wells up from ages hidden, timeless, formless, and boundless.

As Ennis embraces and clings to Jack, a moment of bliss becomes eternal, as a mother watches over her sons in their fondest moment.