Zuraffo's repository

I finally got fed up with free web hosting and decided to use a blog to archive my articles, so... Here I bring you, Zuraffo's repository. The contents on this page is copyright to me. If you want anything, I can be reached at zuraffo@yahoo.com. Note: Best view with Mozilla Firefox. if you are using IE, please use the links on the side bar to navigate.

My Photo
Name:

Where memories became the only traces in life... 红颜易老,赤子其爰,故名“颜子”。

Sunday, June 18, 2006

They knew...

This is a short prose written in tribute to Jack and Ennis in Brokeback Mountain: the masterpiece of Ang Lee that had inspired many creative souls.

A screen cap of Ennis and Jack looking down Brokeback Mountain

They knew,
Nothing could be the same anymore.

The strong wind
carrying the bleating of the sheeps
From a distance
Muted

The horizon
staring at them broodingly,
From a distance
Stretched

And they knew,
They've got one shot.

Mountained earth
pouring into the sky
At a distance
Yearned

Milling woollies
Spared Pine
Fleeting trill playing in the drooping cloud

They knew,
Nobody's business but theirs.

As they stared into the Lazuline and Turquoise, Slated
And each other
Not.